Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Missing the bus...

Terry: You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum... On the Waterfront, Marlon Brando 

Lifes seldom about second chances, its not always that you could hop on again once u got off. Here I aim not to reflect on myself and who I am or not how I proverbially missed the bus, had opportunities staring at me and ended up being too lazy to see them there, but I just write to ponder over where it all went horribly downhill.
Lets face it, I am a hedonist, a couch potato, a slouch, I have aims that get defeated and deflated before the light of the day, I dream with a notion and a desire and have it all misfire before it gets conjured into a plan. I live each day in a daze, I expect some inner call to come in wake me up, shake me up and make me achieve all I dream of. I have always been like that, subconsciously aware of my shortcomings and my mistakes but consciously avoiding efforts towards setting things right. Sometimes when all it takes is to wake up and smell the coffee I avoid breathing so to speak... But what is the genesis of this??? Have things been this easy for me? Or am I just a victim of favorable consequences? Also If I was to have some epiphany how would lifes course alter?
I hope that its written someplace with the first line being "IT all started... " you know more like a book of answers... I have often looked within to spot the talent in me, what sets me apart, what makes me different but apart from my incredibly good looks (NOT) and my charming persona (NOT) I have come up with nothing, nothing that separates me. Not that talent makes you a somebody, not that not having it robs you of anything, just that it gives me an excuse to while away further. But the bottomline still remains... what now? What next? Todays inspiration was served by tikkatandoori... what will inspire me tomorrow to better what is keyed in today? Will life be just the same... monotony layered with monotony or will I find the right amount of nothing to mix with life to make somethingout of it? Or will I continue to stare at the bus long gone by and imagine what could have been? What If I cracked IIM L or maybe XLRI? What if I never attempted the two extra questions in quant? What if I read the GMAT OG end to end without stopping midway? What if I had one poori less today or walked 10 mins more? What if...

Through here until the infinite...
In wishes in hopes in flight...
As I attempt to leap
And forget to keep
The alarm set to awake
And forget to take
The risk that comes along
And thus find the wrong
Door ajar again
Leap now to comfort not pain
As in repose I sleep
Forgetting the miles to walk and promises to keep...

0 comments: